Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love One Another


It is difficult to explain what chronic pain feels like. What has been the most trying for me is that I can't always do everyday things. I used to run six miles a day. I won't say those days are over but these days sure aren't those days.
The best thing I could have ever done with my life is to serve the Lord. He said, "This is my commandment, that ye love one another as I have loved you." Loving the people and being in the service of others gets my mind off myself. Days when I could have stayed in bed I choose to help or give of my time. It's easy to forget my own wants, complaints and pains when I do for others what i can.
I don't have to be in physical pain to know what it's like to have the pain of needing someone to care.
Lord, it is my desire to have a tender heart towards all people. Please create in me a clean heart and renew the right spirit within me while I wait on you.

No comments: