Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smiling Plastic

 "If Barbie is so popular, why do we have to buy her friends?"

I liked playing with dolls as a kid. Barbie was my favorite. I got teased in grade school because we had a kid in class named Ken. Ken Doll to be exact.
I wish I was kidding.
That didn't stop me from wanting a Ken doll to "go" with my Barbie. On the box he was labeled, "Accessory".
When I took child development classes there were many theories about this. Whether or not it is messing kids up it not. Quite frankly if we wanted to blame pieces of smiling plastic for kids being messed up I was simply thinking perhaps it's a much deeper issue than that.
I began to pray about what it is to be a good friend later on in my life. I started to realize that this was something only the Lord could touch my mind about. As I found a wonderful church and met wonderful people I read about Solomon and his prayer he made to the Lord. He wanted to the wisdom to walk in and out among the people. The Lord blessed him far above that because of the condition of his heart in that prayer.
Lord, help me to be a good friend and never to force people to be how I want them. Thank you for all those in my life and if I have found favor in your sight I would like to have the wisdom to be a good friend and sister.

4 comments:

VKT said...

What a lovely prayer Barbara! We could all pray that prayer. Blessings sweet lady!

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Hi VKT, Thank you. Many blessings to you, too!

Steve Hawley said...

Barbra,
Thanks for leaving comments on my blog.It helps knowing that someone is reading, doesn't it? It's obvious you love the Lord and are great with kids. We had graduation Friday so I'm out. Short summer for me; three weeks of basketball camp and a five week mission to China. It's the life of a teacher! I pray your teaching and writing continue to flourish.
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Hi Steve! I can tell you love the Lord and the kids, too. It's a wonderful feeling to fall in love with His word.
Sounds like you'll be very busy!
Blessings to you as well!