Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good Success



“Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
~Author Unknown

I read in Joshua 1:8 that the Lord told Joshua he would have good success. Although there were many battles and losses the Lord was with them. It wasn’t all about finances…clearly.
Success is always a decision of the heart. Even as a Christian. I know that when I make my life count for God and make stands in my life for Him I am not winning any popularity contests…I most likely won’t get rich, either…
I dearly loved friend of mine once said that he didn’t want to be filthy rich…just a little dirty.
Whatever the case may be, I understand that obedience is better than sacrifice.
By the way…I’m still running…
Spiritually speaking more than naturally that is…
Running this race with patience.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'A dearly loved friend of mine once said that he didn’t want to be filthy rich…just a little dirty...'

ha! love this...how true...something tells me that there's nothing wrong with this at all...especially when it's mixed with the compassion of God and a 'sowing heart' toward those to whom the Lord leads you to sow to...

smiles,
todd

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Couldn't agree more...

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I agree with Todd, that quote is so true!! Great clip too!

Bobbi & Noe said...

Thanks for visiting me again!
This is a beautiful post. I completely agree with you!

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Hi Valerie, Bobbi & Steve,
Thanks for your stopping by! Your comments are really encouraging.