Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

cracked


I'm sure at one time or another we have all felt like damages goods. I remember having a huge void in my life that nothing could fill. One friend of mine used to call it, "Broke, busted and disgusted".
Been there, but even talking about it didn't help.
Using quick fixes in my life didn't help either. Parties, music and most things that usually cheered me up just make me feel worse. I started to wonder if I was going crazy or something. You know, cracked. The cheese has slid off the cracker, elevator doesn't go to the top, couple cans short of a six pack.
That was about the time someone told me about Jesus. I thought, 'Your kidding, what would Jesus want with me? I'm a mess.' I'm not sure where I got the idea that I had to be put together to get serious about the Lord but that is what I thought. I heard about the scripture, a broken and a contrite spirit he will not despise. I also thought about how the full he will turn away empty but the empty he will fill with good things.

Cool.

I definitely felt empty. I suppose there is a chance for someone like me. If I can do it, anyone can....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barbra, I'm so glad I stumble upon your other blog! I'm a Christian as well and loved reading your posts. I look forward to many more! :)

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Hi Ms. Jessi, Thank you for your sweet comment. I enjoy your blog, too!