Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Lame Sacrifice

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~Doug Larson

Treating our body like a temple is a discipline in itself. I know that I would like to be as healthy as possible and it was pretty clear in reading the bible that the Jews just didn't eat everything they wanted. The Lord clearly made a distinction between clean and unclean animals in the Old Testament.
I the New Testament Paul said we could eat everything as long as it was done with thanksgiving (Excluding things given to idols, of course). Quite frankly, I don't think everyone had a free for all in eating, though. I can still see the disciples remaining disciplined in eating even for health reasons. Luke was a physician and probabally was prevy to a lot of knowlege for those times.
Why am I saying this? In my own walk to trying to be a good Christian I feel I have a responsibly to take care of the health that the Lord gave me. Health is a form of prosperity. When I feel well I can think clearly, take care of my husband, work and run the household much smoother.
When I feel eat well I can concentrate better on my reading and praying.
I don't ever want to my sacrifices to the Lord to be in vain or lame because I am unappreciative or willful.
Lord, help me to keep a pure heart in all situations...

No comments: