Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nothing Without Him


Temperance: To be balanced and exercise moderation in all things, according to the Word of God. The ability to exercise self-restraint, and to life a life absent of extremes in all things that are unnecessary. To be content and satisfied with only those things that are approved by God.

A diet without exercise, exercise without rest, worry without sleep, acquaintances without friendships, friendships without love, love with out commitment, commitment without work, work without play, chocolate without the peanut butter-what is the point to striving for physical well being if there is no balance?
I was reading in 1 Corinthians 15:44, It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
If I am not able to get my natural body in balance how will I be able to do it for my soul?
It was then I realized that I can't.
"I "can't.... Not that I won't.
I can't do anything without Him. All things come through Him.
Lord, it is my desire to have temperance in my life for you. Please touch my mind on what it takes to be a mature Christian. I would like to rise and shine for you.

No comments: