Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saving the Universe.

 " My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
 ~Douglas Adams

Jesus is the chief physician. I am so glad about that. And with all the knowledge we have about sickness and disease now a days there still is no cure for the common cold.
He is the doctor for those suffering, lonely and in need.....Before I found Him I spend a lot of time volunteering, delving in work or school and just being busy within myself.  I really didn't want to feel like something was missing.
But I did. I felt like a hollow shell, four day old newspaper...a homemade cupcake that nobody wanted to eat. You get the point, right?
I did so much for everyone else that I didn't take the time to figure out what was bothering me.
I was making good money at the time and on a quest to feed all homeless people....that or perhaps simply buy the world a Coke. I tried it for a year and found out soon enough that the world all didn't want a Coke. Some wanted Pepsi...or a Perrier.
I couldn't please everyone and I definitely wasn't happy. I found out it was me that needed healing before I could be a help to anyone. I'm so glad I have a vision about the truth.
Now nothing any doctor can say about what is going on in my body can upset me. I'm not in charge anyway. I can leave saving the universe up to Him....
Whew.....what a relief!

No comments: