Life is full of pain that can be measured on a scale from 1-10. A Christian is measured by the way they live compared to Jesus. Join me in my battle of wits against Fibromyalgia and keeping the right heart to stay in the fight.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

He'll Do It Again

"These 'friends' aren't working for me."

I suppose the type of vibe you give off is the types of people that surround your life sometimes.
When I fell ill with some conditions I was around a lot of individuals that had the same diagnosis I had. Fine and dandy but negativity was one of our outstanding features...
Armed the that defeatist attitude, I felt like I was simply existing.
A home made cupcake that no one wanted to eat.
It didn't help that my friends around me felt the same way. The only time my friends and I disagreed was when I tried to be positive.

Me: "Hey guys, at some point we have to pull ourselves up by our boot straps."
The friends: "First you have to have boots, though."
Me: "Awe, come on. Let's stop thinking about negative stuff."
The friends: "I not negative. I'm an optimist masquerading as a realist."
Me:"Is there anything happy you can think of?"
The friends: "Like what? Seriously. Why don't you go first."
Me: "How about we start out by saying, 'Good morning' or something?"
The friends: "Oh. Sure. Let's start out the day lying to each other. Great."

My friends weren't working for me. I couldn't change them but I could change myself and be around like minded people. It reminds me kind of like our own salvation. It's an individual walk and I was ready to start walking strong. Making a change in my thinking felt a bit awkward at first, but I knew all things were possible through God. Hope unseen is believing He can do something when I couldn't.
Thank you, Lord....for doing that thing you do again.

No comments: